Actor Accused of Hitting Two People on Royal Street
Actor Shia LaBeouf was arrested early Tuesday morning in New Orleans after an alleged fight during Mardi Gras celebrations.
According to the New Orleans Police Department, the 39 year old was involved in an altercation outside a business on Royal Street. Officers said LaBeouf had been removed from the establishment after reportedly causing a disturbance.
Police Describe Physical Confrontation
After being escorted out, one victim told police that LaBeouf punched him several times with closed fists. Authorities said he then left the scene briefly but returned shortly after.
When he came back, witnesses reported that his behavior became more aggressive. Several people tried to restrain him and allowed him to walk away. However, police said LaBeouf allegedly struck the same victim again in the upper body.
Officers also stated that he punched a second person in the nose during the confrontation. Bystanders once again held him down until police arrived.
Charges Filed After Hospital Visit
LaBeouf was later taken to a hospital for treatment of injuries described as unknown. After receiving medical care, he was arrested.
He now faces two counts of simple battery, according to police and online court records.
Authorities have not clarified what led to the incident. Meanwhile, representatives for LaBeouf have not responded to requests for comment.
The investigation remains ongoing.
