Mercy Corps, Islamabad, Pakistan
General Position Summary
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating the Logistics, Assets Management and tracking, insurance management of all the assets and vehicles and movement of all the program supplies to different locations of Mercy Corps Pakistan. Working closely with Operations Manager, Program, Finance and different partner organizations. Logistics Coordinator will Support the Operations Manager in the day to day tasks related to fleet, warehouse and Assets.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Asset & Warehouse Management
- Supervises all Asset/inventory control and warehouse operations to ensure compliance with Mercy Corps policies and standards in field and in country office.
- Provide training to field staff and partner organization regarding the Asset and Warehouse management.
- Ensures that records are maintained as per policy. This includes physical verification, Spot Check, guidance and training of relevant staff to achieve better results.
- Ensure that insurance of all assets including vehicles is done on time and work with procurement team to start the hiring process of Insurance Company well on time.
- Ensure all assets in field are insured and physical verification is completed and documented well on time as per Mercy Corps Policy.
- Ensure efficient use of all the assets and maintenance record of all the assets are kept both in soft file and in hard.
- Oversee tracking of all assets to ensure accurate record keeping of Mercy Corps and donor assets, including exceptional items that require registration and movement tracking, in accordance with the Mercy Corps Asset Management Manual
- Ensure that Warehouse procedures are followed as per Field Warehouse Management policy
- Support Program teams/staff in receiving of goods in Mercy Corps designated warehouses and share updated record with concern staff on monthly basis.
- Ensuring the timely distribution of goods as per program plan.
- Support customs clearing, equipment registration, licensing and insurance, etc.
- Ensure the efficient use and proper maintenance of vehicles, including maintaining up-to-date and accurate vehicles logs and maintenance reports that can easily be matched with monthly expenditure reports.
- Supervise the fleet management team and ensure systems to track maintenance, fuel usage and vehicle scheduling
- Arrange coaching session for drivers regarding security, safe driving habit and follow the local traffic rules.
- Ensure supervision of proper driving habits of all drivers in accordance with policies and procedures and local laws.
- Coordinate with procurement team for registration and insurance of vehicles and prepare contracts for the vehicle rental, as and when needed.
- Work with security department to get all travel plans approved and security protocols are followed during all travels.
- Ensure that all vehicles files are complete and updated.
- Responsible for identifying need of Long-Term Agreements (LTA’s), Master Service Agreements (MSA’s) and Master Purchase Agreements (MPA’s) for Fleet Management, Warehousing and Assets Management.
- Coordinate with procurement team in processing, reviewing and finalizing MSA’s and MPA’s.
- Responsible for close monitoring of the expiration of the existing/ongoing MSA’s and MPA’s.
- Responsible for intimation of the nearby expiry to procurement team for timely renewal or processing of the existing/ongoing MSA’s/MPA’s.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure proper integration of GESI aspects into his/her are of work as appropriate.
- Mercy Corps as a humanitarian agency is expected to response as and when crisis and humanitarian situation engulfs. As an MC employee all staff are expected to be part of humanitarian and emergency response in addition to their regular roles and responsibilities in such situations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Operations
Sr. Logistics Officer, Logistics Officer, Warehouse Officer
Accountable for following Mercy Corps Field Fleet Management policy, Field Asset Management Policy, Field Warehouse Management policy, the MC Code of conduct and MC Conflict of interest policy.
Reports Directly To: Operations Manager
Works Directly With: Operations team in Islamabad, Lahore and Quetta, logistics team of partner organizations with consultation of Operations Manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in managing Logistics (Transport / asset management / warehouse and preferably procurements) with a Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Demonstrate understanding of Asset Management, Fleet Management, Warehousing, Contracts Administration and Procurements policies and protocols of different INGOs/ donor agencies.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication, fluency in both written and spoken English/Urdu. Knowledge of local languages is an asset.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel), knowledge of, and experience in Transport, inventory, procurement procedures, etc.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. The organization reserves the right to accept or reject any or all CV(s) without assigning any reason
We are an equal opportunity employer and Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Industry: N.G.O./Social Services
Functional Area: Distribution & Logistics
Total Positions: 1 Post
Job Shift: First Shift (Day)
Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
Job Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
Gender: No Preference
Minimum Education: Master
Degree Title: Master’s degree from a recognized university
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Minimum Experience5 Years (A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in managing Logistics (Transport / asset management / warehouse and preferably procurements))
Apply Before: Sep 12, 2022
Posting Date: Sep 07, 2022